The announcements for this week include:
- Mental Health In The Faith Community
- Dialogue for Peaceful Change: 5 day workshops – June 19th to 23rd, Halifax, NS
- National Gathering – Progressive, Evolving, Expanding Christianity
- Contemplative Pathways – New Program
- Affirming Congregation Celebration
1. Mental Health In The Faith Community
A day of exploring how faith communities can become strong supporters for mental health and mental illness will be hosted by the Maritime Conference Working Group on Mental Health.
Topics to be covered:
- Understanding Personal Mental Health – Everyone’s mental health is an issue…
- How to become a supportive community?
- How can we engage in education and advocacy?
DATE: May 6, 2017
TIME: 10 am – 3:45 (includes lunch)
WHERE: Maritime Conference Centre, Sackville, NB
There is no cost for this event. You will be invited to make a free will offering for lunch.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
If you are interested in becoming engaged in furthering role of faith communities in dealing with Mental Health and Mental Illness you should considering attending and sharing your thoughts with others from across the Maritimes.
To register CLICK HERE https://marconf.ca/mental-health-faith-communities/
2. Dialogue for Peaceful Change: 5 day workshops – June 19th to 23rd, Halifax, NS
Is conflict affecting your church and making it difficult to move forward? Are you losing volunteers or staff due to conflicts and tension? This internationally accredited program offers an effective method for transforming these conflicts into opportunities for growth and deeper understanding. Learn and practice these effective tools and strategies and transform the conflicts in your life, family, church and community.
Dialogue for Peaceful Change (DPC) is an international program that has brought together the best methodologies from around the world in community based conflict mediation, providing effective tools and strategies for analyzing and addressing conflicts. You will receive International Certification.
Cost: $650 which includes International Certification
For more info: www.emerge-international.com
3. National Gathering – Progressive, Evolving, Expanding Christianity
Following twelve full years of contributions to the Canadian theological landscape the Canadian Centre for Progressive Christianity drew its work to a close in Spring 2016. As it did, plans were laid to offer progressive, evolving, expanding Christians and others an opportunity to assemble and explore ways for cultivating an expansive spiritual network to serve the future. A dedicated ministry team at Southminster-Steinhaurer United in Edmonton and their friends, in collaboration with Gretta Vosper, set out to create an event that would help illuminate the way. Ever Wonder will take place in Edmonton, Alberta on Labour Day weekend 2017 (September 01st – 03rd).
See their emerging brochure for more details. They will have registration and more info up on the website soon. Keep watching for updates!
4. Contemplative Pathways – New Program – Apply Now!
Personal Spiritual Deepening: Noticing the Sacred in Everyday Living is a yearlong program with 5 weekend residencies, September 2017 – June 2018:
- Awakening to the Spiritual Journey
- Contemplative Practices for Everyday Living
- Practicing Retreat and Holding Silence
- Discerning Spirit
- Contemplative Leading in the World
Application deadline: June 15, 2017. For more information visit https://contemplativepathways.com/programs/
Note: This program is the pre-requisite for our Spiritual Direction program.
Contemplative Pathways (formerly Atlantic Jubilee Program) in partnership with Tatamagouche Centre www.tatacentre.ca
5. Affirming Congregation Celebration
The Congregational family of Forest Hill United Church, 45 Kimble Court, Fredericton, NB, invite you to our service of Celebration on becoming an Affirming Congregation of The United Church of Canada! Please join us on Sunday, April 23, 2017, at 10 a.m. for an hour of joyful stories, songs, liturgy, prayers, and balloon and streamer waving, as we celebrate our important steps towards openness and inclusivity. All are welcome at Forest Hill!